Cleaning your roof from time to time is extremely important. Your roof stays exposed to the outside weather all the time. Due to this, it attracts dust, debris, bacteria, and whatnot. If you let all these accumulate on your rooftop, it is going to damage your roof at some point. If you want to extend the life of your roof then cleaning it is very important.
The best way of cleaning your roof is to choose the soft washing system. Soft wash roof cleaning involves the spraying of cleaning solutions. This is considered to be better than pressure washing. In this article, we will look into the dos and don’ts of soft cleaning your roof.
Do This to your Roof
Here is what you should be doing while soft cleaning your roof.
- Cleaning your roof is not one of your best skills. This is not something you do every day. It may sound easy to you but in reality, cleaning your roof is a lot tougher. You need to climb up the ladder to reach your rooftop. In this case, it is a must that you take all the safety precautions. No matter how confident you are you shouldn’t take chances with your safety.
- Before starting the cleaning process, you must check your roof for any damage. This would become a lot easier if you can manage to get a helper. If you spot any damaged area then you should consult with a professional to stop any further damage.
- You should soft clean your roof regularly. This will help you to maintain your roof and also extend its lifetime. Cleaning your roof has many advantages like it will prevent your roof from getting damaged, save your money and keep your family healthy. For all these reasons you should follow a regular cleaning schedule.
Don’ts of Soft Wash Roof Cleaning
Here are the things you should avoid doing while soft cleaning your roof.
- As much as you want to clean your roof, you don’t want to damage it. Whether your roof is old or not, you shouldn’t opt for pressure washing. Due to the excessive pressure involved, it may cause damage to your roof. This is why soft cleaning is the best option for you.
- If you notice any risky spot on your roof, you should leave that area out. You don’t have to apply water or any solution in that particular area. Doing so may cause the damaged part to collapse. In this case, the wise thing to do is call for professional help to get it fixed immediately.
- You should avoid cleaning your roof in extreme temperatures. This will not only act as a hurdle in your cleaning process but it is also dangerous for you. The best time to clean your roof is on a bright sunny day which will help the liquid to evaporate quickly.
Now that you know the dos and dont’s of soft cleaning system, it should be easier for you to clean your roof all by yourself.